(with a mediocre
Online Flash Games
Here are flash games divided into sections:
Within each section they are ordered in increasing complexity.
- puzzle games that require thinking,
- escape-type point and click games that are primarily not time based, and
- action games that incoroporate an element of time.
- Puzzle Games
- Matrix. We are given four numbers and we arrange them to yield the specified determinant. The game gets challenging when we get complex numbers.
- Levers is a game of physics, hanging everything so nothing is in the water. Half an hour.
- Road Blocks. Guide a ball on a frictionless grid home. 22 levels. Half an hour to an hour.
- Grow Cube allows us to select permutations in making the cube grow. One to two hours.
- Telescope game: push or pull the ball into the hole using telescoping vacuums.
- Gridlock is a puzzle game resembling (or a clone of?) Rush Hour. This one depends on how much one puzzles so I will not give an approximation of time required.
- Escape / Point and Click Games
- Samorost is an escape-type puzzle. Half an hour.
- Crimson Room, Viridian Room are rooms where one must escape from, half an hour to a few hours.
- Chasm: Joe the Duck needs to fix a water outage. Two to four hours.
- MOTAS is LOGAN's Mystery of Time and Space Adventure, an online interactive point & click graphic adventure.
[As of 2006.03.20, there are 13 levels. The last level has an elevator and a colour-changing apparatus.]
- Steppenwolf is an extended story-line oriented adventure game. Tens of hours of fun!
- Other/Action Games
- Multitask is a simple game to see how well people multitask. [My score 125]
- Helicopter is simple, but addictive.
- Defend Your Castle by giving enemies potential energy.
[Level 14; Casualties 1121. Final score: 122180]
- Orisinal's ultra aesthetic flash games.
- Ranger is asidescroll platform game where one controls one of three rangers with unique talents.
Online Java Games
- Alchemy is a PopCap puzzle game where one transmutes the board to gold with magic Runes. Hours of increasing difficulty.
[My high score is 7545, cleared 4 boards. Wizard 2nd class.]
- Every Video Game has a large collection of emulated games of old. *Warning*: Too many games to waste time on.
- sodaplay let us construct using masses and springs.
Other Online Games
Cross Platform Downloadable Games
- Portable Puzzle Collection, by Simon Tatham, the author of PuTTY, is a collection of 18+ GUI puzzles. All puzzles are generated randomly so as to provide replay value. In fact, if you encounter a puzzle configuration twice AND remember that you've played it without resorting to additional aid (e.g. writing them down), I congratulate your good memory.
- sokoban.vim is a script for vim. This is how I got used to the hjkl cursor movement keys.
- Escape is a Chip's Challenge type tile-based escape game. It does not require fast reflexes and have hundreds of levels. Very well made.
- netPanzer is an online multiplayer tactical warfare game designed for fast action combat. One can also play against robots.
- Globulation 2 is a Real-Time Strategy (RTS) game, which minimizes micro-management by employing a system of macro management. This actually reflects real life more.
- Crack Attack is a free OpenGL game for Linux and Windows based on the Super Nintendo classic Tetris Attack.
- Minesweeper 3D is a three-dimensional minesweeper game.
Windows/DOS Downloadable Games
- Little Fighter 2 is a Windows multi-character fighting game. Up to eight players can play at once. Very unique.
- PuzzPower is a 30-level puzzle game. It starts out easy but it gets harder, about an hour or two of play.
- Noirduck's Legacy is a unique sidescroll platform game where the player must control three characters interactively.
- SkyRoads is a DOS game that involves flying a skyship. This is the only skyship navigation game that does not make me dizzy. (Read: It does not have panning graphics.)
Fun Flash Animations
These are not games, but they provide amusement just the same.
- Icon Story a classic flash animation.
- Animator vs. Animation: An animator faces his own animation in deadly combat. The battlefield? The Flash interface itself.
If you enjoy these games, chances are our tastes are similar.
Feel free to contact me and tell me about games you like.
Really, tell me about them, or just drop me a link.